måndag 24 januari 2011

My life is changin' in so many ways

Half way through a biography of Neil Young. Some days I also listen to a record I read about. Today I listened to a classic album "Harvest". It kind of deepens the understanding of the lyrics to read about the songs . It's also interesting to know some things about the circumstances during the recordings and also about his private life.

A month ago I had a short discussion concerning Neil Young versus Bob Dylan. I said that, although I'd listened a lot to both of them, I thought Bob Dylan was a way better lyricist. Reading this book I understand that at least some agree.

"My life is changin' in so many ways
I don't know who to trust anymore
There's a shadow runnin' through my days
Like a beggar goin' from door to door"
Neil Young: A man needs a maid

Currently grooving to ...
Record: Neil Young: Harvest
Song: Neil Young: A man needs a maid

2 kommentarer:

Qurt sa...

Is 'cowgirl in the sand' mentioned in the book ? I am really interested in how and when that came all together, it has a special meaning for me and my wife :-)

Cege by the way sa...

Hi, it is mentioned a few times at different times in the book, although the information is not especially interesting, not so much about what the lyrics is about or why he wrote the song.