onsdag 5 januari 2011

Blue jean baby

Talking earlier on records and books I tend to go back to, here's a movie as well.

One of the best scenes
in one of the best movies ever. Almost famous directed by Cameron Crowe. Although the film is not purely autobiographical, Crowe was writing for Rolling Magazine when he was 15, it's based on his experiences during that time.

And Kate Hudson is absolutely phenomenal as the "band-aid" Penny Lane.

I've never been a fan of Sir Elton John. I heard a lot of the hit songs in the early 70's, but at that time I didn't buy any records at all. When I started to buy records in the end of the 70's, I guess you could say his "prime time" was already over.

Almost famous has two wonderful compositions from him and since I saw the movie for the first time, I've bought some of his early stuff. And it's absolutely great.

"Blue jean baby, L.A. lady,
seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile,
you'll marry a music man

Ballerina, you must have seen her
dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me,
Tiny dancer in my hand"
Elton John: Tiny dancer

Currently grooving to ...
Record: Elton John: Honky Chateau
Song: Mona Lisas and mad hatters

Inga kommentarer: