fredag 21 januari 2011

Got a reservation

A week ago I saw a documentary on svt/play 'bout the French film maker Jaques Tati. It brought me back to my childhood. As I remember it, my father was a great fan of his and I saw the last of his films, Traffic, when I was 10-11 years old. I know I liked it very much. Maybe I've been afraid of not appreciating that one, or any of his other films, I haven't own any of them. The documentary also made it absolutely clear to me why I loved Traffic and why I had to buy the Tati-collection which includes all his five movies.

Tonight I watched the first one, "Jour de fête" and although it's not one of the best movies in the world, it's really funny. One can also understand by watching it, who were the heroes in his life.

Currently grooving to ...
Record: Chip Taylor: Yonkers N.Y
Song: Chip Taylor: Charcoal sky

Inga kommentarer: